Swami Vivekananda’s 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations – 2013-14
A Unique Opportunity To Pay Tribute On Swamiji’s 150th Birth Anniversary
Starting Vivekananda Cultural Centre
We propose to start a unique Cultural Centre in the name of Swami Vivekananda who is the icon of youth. The Centre will be devoted exclusively to the development of human excellence. It would be spread over about 10,000 square feet in area adjacent to the Vivekanandar Illam (Vivekananda House).Some of the proposed activities in the Cultural Centre are:
- Courses in Meditation and Yoga.
- Courses on Vedanta, Hinduism and Swami Vivekananda.
- School of languages where youth can take up courses on spoken English, Tamil and Sanskrit in order to enrich themselves and to have better career options.
- Soft skill workshops for students and employed youth.
- Classes for learning Vedic Chanting and Bhajan.
- Free Tuition Centre and Computer Courses exclusively for the under-privileged youth.
- A 4D Theatre to screen short inspirational video clips for the youth and animation movies on Swami Vivekananda to have a realistic experience of Swami Vivekananda’s life and message.
Vivekananda House Renovation and Introducing Exhibition on Swami Vivekananda
Vivekanandar Illam (Vivekananda House), the existing historic monument where Swami Vivekananda stayed for nine days from 6 to 14 February 1897, will function as earlier with enhanced facilities.During his stay here, Swami Vivekananda delivered several electrifying lectures on his plan to restore India to her pristine glory with the ideal of service and renunciation. The monument is a place of inspiration and holy memories.
One can experience Vivekananda’s personality and message through paintings and state-of-the-art multimedia galleries located in the Illam.
Main facets of this magnificent endeavor “Experience Vivekananda”
- Indian Culture Art Gallery: Depicts Indian Culture through the eyes of Swami Vivekananda using contemporary technology.
- Making of Vivekananda: A multimedia art gallery on how young Narendranath became the world famous Swami Vivekananda.
- Vivekananda, the Man and His message: An arcade in the form of high-tech multimedia gallery consisting several photographs and short video clippings.
- Vivekananda, the World Mover: A multimedia art gallery on the contemporary relevance of Swami Vivekananda’s message
To experience this, the monument spread over about 30,000 sft. in a structure that is more than 170 years old, there is an urgent need to totally refurbish the whole set up, without affecting its architectural status.While it is easy to complete the task with contemporary know-how in technology, this splendid mission, is not possible without the active support of generous minded public.
Have the privilege of being part of this marvelous twin projects to enliven the youth and the citizens of the world-society.
The total estimated cost of the twin projects is about 20 crore rupees (US $ 3.5 million).
You can be an integral part of this noble mission, by volunteering your contribution in the form of Rs.5000/- per square foot for both external and internal equipment cum architectural designs.
Those who volunteer themselves with 20 sft. or more will have the privilege of their name inscribed suitably in the Cultural Centre.
Please join us in offering tributes to the Prophet of modern India and the modern world. Your contributions will help in spreading the message and realizing Swami Vivekananda’s dream of a glorious India.
Donations may be made by Cheque/DD in favour of “Sri Ramakrishna Math – SV 150” and sent to Sri Ramakrishna Math at the address given below. Donations can also be made online on Math website by selecting the category “Experience Vivekananda – 150th Birth Anniversary”
For a direct transfer to Bank, please contact us for IFSC/Swift code details by email.
Foreign donations are welcome. Donations are eligible for tax exemption under Section 80(G) of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.